Skip to main content

30 Week Money Challenge



This post is already long overdue.    For the past few days/weeks, I was not in the mood to write .    I was busy with work (I still am).  The issues with the condo developer (agent, employees, whoever!) also stressed me out.  Now,  I am back in shape.  How? I lifted everything to Him  and I counted and magnified  the blessings that my husband and I have been receiving.  Actually, I don’t need to magnify them because they are really enormous.  Thank you Lord!

It has been almost eleven months since we started getting a financial life.  Early this year, we jumped into a decision of purchasing a house (condo unit).  It was such a big decision because it would mean paying two condo units at the same (the one which we are currently renting  aka Makati condo and the one which we have contracted to buy aka QC condo).  On top of that, it would mean saving for the interior finishing of the QC condo.  Whew! Don’t worry guys,  we could still afford to eat three times a day. Haha.

Right now, we have completed the initial budget for the interior finishing.  However,  we are still saving for a  buffer fund.  Of course, we don’t want to be surprised with miscellaneous expenses.  I have the heart of a Girl Scout (Laging handa)!

Truth be told, saving is not that easy.   It’s not that easy to snub the allure of shopping.  It’s not that easy to look at the  FB photos of acquaintances YOLOing without feeling envious.  However, NOT EASY  does not mean NOT DOABLE.   Saving is absolutely doable – with discipline and creativity.  Yes, creativity…creativity to keep us motivated.  We must think of creative and fun ways to save.

While blog hopping, I came across  this 52-Week Money Challenge. 


At a glance, the challenge is simple.  You just need to deposit the amount stated  in the chart weekly.    A piece of cake, right?

Without a second thought, I accepted the challenge.  But, I modified it  a bit.  Instead of 52 weeks, I reduced it to 30 weeks because it would be difficult for me to sustain the monthly deposits after the 30th week.  And instead of doubling the amount deposited, I added P50 per week.  

 


Was the challenge  in reality a piece of cake?  Uhm...it was easy at first, but as weeks went by, it became challenging.  The reason why it is called MONEY CHALLENGE.    However,  quitting was never an option. 

After  completing the challenge, the amount of P23,250 was added in my home sweet home fund – more than enough to tile a 20-sqm-floor area.    
 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment