Skip to main content

Where to Buy Paintings in Tagaytay

My husband and I have always wanted a minimalist home. We’ve always wanted a home which does not house a lot of  knick-knacks.    Actually, it’s my husband who’s fussy about the stuff we bring into our home.     It should always be worth the space.   

One of my husband’s dreams is to hang paintings on our wall.  He is not that artistic but he appreciates art.  For me, artworks are all the same. Haha. So when I saw a painting in a department store which price was slashed by 50%, I became so giddy and immediately alerted my husband.  My husband’s response was “Ah okay…but I don’t like mass produced paintings” and cut my excitement just like that!  Ah ok…My search for paintings ended right then and there.  

Then last February, destiny brought us into a coffee shop  with an  adjacent art gallery.  It was not our intent to go to that place.   Our plan for the night was to dine at Josephine’s.  However, heavy rains pressed us to enter a small coffee shop near the hotel we stayed at in Tagaytay.  It’s  a coffee shop with a really great ambiance. It’s not the usual coffee shop in the metro where people are busy doing something in their respective laptops or reading  thick medical or law books.     It’s  more  laidback.  It’s like, you go there to sip coffee and relax (not to work and drink coffee).  I also like the province-y vibe.  It somehow brought me to my summer years in the province.     While waiting for our food, we busied ourselves scrutinizing and appreciating the paintings displayed. I even interviewed the staff.   According to him, the artworks were made by students of a particular Fine Arts school (or school offering Fine Arts)  in Tagaytay. And  he added that the  artworks  are   for sale!  
He led us to an adjacent art gallery for more artworks.  



However,  our eyes were fixed on these pieces.






They were painted by Allana Santos.  We like her works. They somewhat tell a story and they are somewhat filled with feelings.  Honestly, I don’t know how to describe artworks.  Haha. Basta, parang may puso.

So, we brought them home. My husband was so elated. Hindi ko maipinta ang kaligayahan sa kanyang mukha. Haha. 


Excited much? lol









If you are looking for a painting, visit Java Jazz Coffee Shop.  You might find a gem there.     It’s located at Calamba Road, Sungay West, Tagaytay City. It’s near T-House Tagaytay. 

By the way, we got the two paintings for P8,000.  They were originally priced at P10,000 or P5,000 each. However, the owner gave us a discount since we got two.     

Thank you for reading.  



Comments

Post a Comment