Skip to main content

Fragrance Review: Eau d' Hadrien by Annick Goutal



In Italy, Annick Goutal worked to compose a marvellous garden of fruit ripened in the Italian Sun. She then added cypress, a base note which would echo the Tuscan gardens and landscapes. Annick Goutal spoke eloquently of the scent that can be obtained by rubbing the branches between your palms. The fragrance is an expression of Annick Goutal's great love for the South. It also owes its inspiration to Marguerite Yourcenar's novel "Memoirs of Hadrien", a brilliant literary interpretation of the life of the emperor. This perfume is universal and timeless, evoking the freshness of citrus fruits in the shade of a lemon tree. ( from annickgoutal.com)


My initial plan was to get myself a red  Le Pliage.  I already imagined how striking it will look like when worn with a white shirt.  When my perfume supplier showed me the box of Annick Goutal, I instantaneously had a change of heart.     Literally, I was hypnotized!  I was not able to take a whiff because my supplier does not have a tester but the thought alone of owning one was hypnotic!  To cut the story short, I went home carrying my old Bilberry Le Pliage  with Annick Goutal Eau d’ Hadrien in it. Yey!

Is it my camera or is it my lack of skill? tsk tsk
Since it was a blind buy, the first thing I did when I got home was to spritz it.  At first spray, I smelled lemons…real lemons.   I was about to get a shot glass, tequila and salt (lol)  when  the subtle floral scent of ylang ylang and the  woody and spicy aroma of cypress stopped me.   I did mention before that I am not a fan of citrusy scents. However,  Eau d’ Hadrien captured my heart  because the citrus in it is not artificial plus the cypress note gives the balance. For me, the combination makes it “not one of those perfumes”.    It is fresh and classy  at the same time.  It’s not the type of perfume which walks before you invading other’s personal space.   It stays close to the skin.

Although it’s a spur-of-the moment purchase, I really don’t regret buying it.  I would willingly trade another Le Pliage for another scent from Annick Goutal’s line.

 And the bottle…it’s like a queen standing regally on my dresser.  Do I need to say more?   

Will I wear it on my wedding day? I might! Hihi. Swear… it is more than beautiful.  

Oh…having it on my skin does not only make me feel beautiful, it makes me feel rich too. Lol.

Thanks for reading guys!!!

Next on limelight is Jeanne by Lanvin.  I’ll prolly make a review within this week.  I haven’t opened the box yet. I’m still considering the idea of selling it. Lol.  At any rate, stay tuned.

  Place Bought: ChaScents
 

Comments

  1. wow. i like your review. i really like how you write

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks atty jackie. you really are my bff....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad you are into writing again. im so proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks voracious eater!!! I hope you could help me with my blog's layout.:) muahzzz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment