Skip to main content

English eh...duh!

Hiring a nanny is indispensable if you are a working mom unless you are one of those lucky few who have parents/relatives   willing to take care of your kid/s. Being one of the former, I hired a nanny.  It took months before I found one.  Just like all moms, I’m choosy. Mas choosy pa  ako ngayon kesa nung naghahanap ako ng boyfriend. lol. Just imagine leaving your kid/s to a total stranger.   After the long quest for a nanny, I welcomed Ate Diyosa into our home and into our lives.   Although I am older than her, I call her Ate Diyosa.  I want Baby C to call her Ate Diyosa, not Yaya Diyosa.  Para kasing pangmayaman na masyado kung  yaya ang tawag. Lol.  And I  want her to feel that she’s part of the family.    

Ate Diyosa is  only 18.  Unang salta niya sa Manila.     Let’s  just say that  she’s not the “heaven sent” type of nanny.  She doesn’t cook. She wakes up late.  She doesn’t clean well.  Yes. At times, she’s a pain in the a#$! But, I promised myself that I won’t let nanny’s imperfection stress me out…that I will learn to manage my expectation.    Despite her flaws, I like her.  Madiskarte at madisposisyon na bata.  At hindi magpapaloko at magpapaapi (though she looks naïve).  It’s too early to say this but  I think  she’s  honest and trustworthy too.   And she has the most important quality of a nanny…she’s passionate about her main job, that is babysitting.  She’s patient, dependable and cheerful. She can make my baby laugh.  Actually, she can make us laugh too.       


Me: Babe, grabe ang gagaling mag English nung mga bata na nakasabay ko sa elevator.  Dapat ganun din si Baby C.
Dan:  Eh di dapat kausapin natin ng English si Baby. Nosebleed tayo diyan. Ate Diyosa, kausapin mo si Baby na English ha. Marunong ka ba?
Diyosa:  Oo naman, Yes!

The next day, we went to the mall. Iniwan ko sandali si Ate Diyosa sa Starbucks. Pagbalik ko…

Diyosa: Ate, kinausap po ako nung katabi kong babae kanina. Di ko nga pinansin.
Me: Bakit naman di mo pinansin?
Diyosa: English eh.
Me: Akala ko ba Oo naman, yes, marunong ka mag English?
Diyosa: Marunong nga po. Niyayabangan lang po ata ako nung babae eh. Pilipino naman, di nalang magtagalog.  Kaya yun, di ko nga pinansin. Duh!

Oo nga naman, marunong nga naman siya mag English…at magpalusot! DUH! lol 



Comments

Post a Comment