Skip to main content

Consolation Prize: Niqua Bags

I’m being too emotional these days.  I easily cry. I easily get pissed off.     Sorry to burst your bubble, but
these mood swings have nothing to do with my “hormones”.  I  am  just frustrated and sad.

People who know me  except for my  husband would be surprised reading this post. They thought  that I am really not affected, that I’m healed a day after the result of the “battle”.  I guess I am good at hiding my feelings or maybe people around me know what I am going through but they  choose to let me feel that everything’s normal and okay (which I appreciate).   

For days, my husband’s spiel to console me was  “It’s okay. It doesn’t define you.  Move forward. I still love you.”

With the thought  that his encouraging spiel was not working, “Babe, let’s go to the mall. Let’s buy the bag  ( you showed me.”

“I don’t deserve a bag”, my reply.

Then,  I saw a very tempting IG post of @Niquashop, with the caption Bags Bags and More Bags...

“Babe, I’m entitled to change my mind, right?”, showing him the IG post.

He just laughed and transferred funds to my account.   

I like  Niqua bags.  They’re  simple yet chic. They’re inexpensive (considering the quality) yet they don’t  look cheap. And they are made in the Philippines!

photo credits: Ni-qua.comni-qua.com



 I got Manico Large in burgundy.  It’s roomy, structured yet light.  However, it’s not mandurukot-proof since it has no zipper. I guess it was not designed for commuters like me. lol 

photo credits: Ni-qua.com

I also got the Dottore Medium in dark mustard.  Ang lakas maka- lady boss nito.  Lol

Call me shallow, but they somehow minimize my frustration. Indeed, "retail therapy" is therapeutic. lol
On a serious note, let me take this opportunity to thank  my husband, not just for giving me money to buy the bags (lol) but also for making me feel that I’m not the stupidest person on Earth. I would like also thank my  parents, siblings and friends for the encouraging words. And to my darling daughter, I thank you for making me feel so blessed, despite mommy’s failure. 

They are so right.  I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and laban ulit.


  

Comments

Post a Comment