Skip to main content

Dressing Up Our Home

Making a home “livable” does not end after construction or renovation.  You have to clean it, re-decorate it, maintain it and what not.  I grew up in a “transforming” home.  Every now and then, may pagbabago, be it with the arrangement of the furniture or additional rooms.  Our home in Naga has undergone several renovations/extensions.    Yan ang "bisyo" ng mga magulang ko. The latest was the construction of koi pond and grotto.    No. We do not  have a grandiose home but we have a decent home.  Considering that shelter is one of  our basic needs, my parents prioritized building a home over eating out or buying branded stuff.   Back then, I never experienced  wearing branded clothes  or eating out every weekend. However, I also didn’t experience packing up and going from one apartment to another because we have our own home.


My mother would always tell me that one’s  home is a reflection of his personality. Kaya dapat daw parating malinis, maayos at areglado.  I admit, I was not that good at cleaning.  My mom would always scold me for that.  But you know,  I was young...I had twisted way of thinking.  Iniisip ko nun, mom will always clean up my mess (literally).  Oh well, that was until I got married.  I think I already mentioned  here that I have the OC-iest husband.  He hates clutter.  He turns into a monster when he comes home to a cluttered home.  With my desire to be proclaimed as the bestest wife ever (lol), I tried my best to keep up with his expectation.  I hired the bestest angel/nanny. Lol. I kid. I kid...not! Okay. Let’s just that Baby C’s nanny (I already fired Diyosa and hired another one) is in charge with cleaning while I am in charge with prettifying and dressing up our home.  Does changing throw pillow cases qualify as decorating a home? I think so. Haha.  I do decorate our home according to occasion or my mood.  See pictures below. (They are facebook photos. I still cannot transfer photos from my Ipad to PC.) 



Halloween


Christmas
Valentine's

Women's Day

Some of  the stuff in the above photos can be bought from the following:

Combi Blinds - Sigrid Window Blinds and Tint (09424950922) P8500 (3 panels combi blinds, 2 panels vertical blinds)
Dining Table - SB Furniture (Waltermart Makati) Between 12k to 14k, I forgot.
Dining Chairs - SB Furniture (Waltermart Makati) 4k each
Red Vase - M2M Surplus shop (Scout Borromeo cor Edsa, QC) P90
Throw pillow cases - Landmark P35 each
Sofa - Custom-made by Rio Raz (09396210737) P14k

We also bought paintings. I so love them that I think they deserve a separate blog post. 

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Whenever I read about your husband, feeling ko dinedescribe mo yung asawa ko. Haha. Sobrang particular sa bahay! Pero nag-lo-loosen up na sya ngayon.

    I like how you designed it. Favorite ko yung cove lighting sa ceiling and yung window cover (?). I like how clean it looks and hind sobrang daming abubot.

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Rae! I think most husbands are like our husbands. Ganyan din kasi father and brother ko.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Are you happy with your sofa? Would you recommend Rio Raz?

    Magpapagawa ako ng sofa daybed with pull out bed and I need recos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you happy with your sofa? Would you recommend Rio Raz?

    Magpapagawa ako ng sofa daybed with pull out bed and I need recos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment