Skip to main content

Chasen's Kitchen: Chicken Cordon Bleu

One of the applauded dishes I’ve cooked at home is Chicken Cordon Bleu.  According to my husband, the dish reminds him of our Biggs (local food chain in Bicol) dates in Naga.  Okay, I admit, my version is not at par with  Biggs Cordon Bleu. But,  my version is also yummers. It’s just that Biggs Cordon Bleu is soooooo good.  They also use pork while I use chicken. (I tried to use pork but for some reasons, I can’t achieve the tender and juicy pork cordon bleu.)   

Chicken Cordon Bleu is soooo easy to prepare. Promise.   The level of difficulty in pronouncing the dish is inversely proportional to the level of difficulty in whipping it up.  It may sound foreign and complicated but actually the recipe is so simple.   It’s budget friendly too.

Ingredients:

 Chicken Breast Fillet
Sweet Ham, cut into two
Cheddar Cheese (I used Eden Cheese)
Thyme
Ground Pepper
Butter
Egg (beaten)
2 tbs milk (I used evap)
Bread Crumbs
Flour
Salt
Cooking Oil

Procedure:

1.       Cut and pound the breast fillet.




2.       Brush each fillet with butter and sprinkle it with salt, pepper and thyme.



3.       Top each with ham and cheese then roll it.

4.       Dip each roll in flour, egg and milk mixture,  and bread crumbs.
5.       Fry in oil.
6.       Remove and enjoy!



Simple, right?





Comments

  1. Yum! I miss eating Cordon Bleu! Sobrang simple lang ng recipe ko, try ko nga lagyan ng thyme gaya nyan next time para lumevel up ang sarap. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, yung original recipe ko nyan wala ring thyme. Nilagyan ko lang para maglasang pangmayaman. hahaha. You can use naman any other herbs that you believe will go well with chicken like parsley or tarragon.

      Delete
  2. Bakit parang ang dali lang pag binabasa ko yung recipe, but for sure when I try it, sunog2x ang result:p Pero keber, tuloy2x pa rin ang domestic diva fantasies ko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go go Jill! Don’t let fear of “tutong” stop you from becoming a domestic diva. Haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment