Skip to main content

Feeling Refreshed

I already mentioned in my last post that my husband and I became busy with work these past months.   (I think I even used it as an excuse for not updating my blog.)From November to February, my husband’s  self-imposed schedule was from 8am to 12midnight, Monday to Sunday (konti nalang, no noon break pa).  I have a very workaholic husband.  I no longer  tell him to slow down because it will just piss him off.  I, on the other hand, was likewise busy with the ISO certification thingy. I was busy worrying about the surveillance audit.  I admit, I am a worrier. But, I don’t show it. My husband didn’t even notice that something was bothering me. Oh well, he asked me why my hair were everywhere.  I suffer from hair fall every time I’m stressed or anxious.    Apart from that, I looked perfectly chill (although during the actual audit, my nervousness was a bit noticeable).  That’s how I differ from my husband. He’s very transparent and honest. There are times that he would wake me up at night and tell me  things that bother him.   Although he knows that I can’t understand a thing about his job (he’s a software engineer), he still thinks that I’m the best  person to confide his project setback.  In one of our midnight/morning conversations, my husband told me  “Pagnatapos talaga ito, magbabakasyon tayo. Akyat tayo ng Baguio.   I need to commune with nature. I need to be rejuvenated” I got so excited that the following day, I immediately googled “Baguio itinerary”.

The Surveillance Audit transpired a week after my husband finished his task.  Just right after the closing meeting, I texted my husband.

Me: Dada! We passed with flying colors.
Dan: Congrats Mommy! Ikaw pa.  Uy, kelan na tayo pupunta ng Baguio para maka pagfile na ako ng leave.
ME: Next week.
Dan: Ok.
Me: Wait, may pera ba tayo?
He did not reply.

I prepared two sets of travel budget, one is for “luxurious vacation” (decent hotel accommodation, fancy restaurants etc) and the other one is for  “vacation on a budget” (apartelle/dormtel accommodation) to be presented to my husband.

When he arrived home, our conversation went this way.

Dan: Nakakatawa ka.
Me: Why?
Dan: Oo nga ano, May pera ba tayo? Magkano ba kailangan?
I showed him my two computations.
Dan: Bakit parang narejuvenate na ako?
Me: Ako din nga eh. I feel totally refreshed!  (with feelings)

Then, we both burst into laughter.  We both realized that we didn't have that much funds to travel, and it became a laughing matter. Weird!

We are currently renovating our townhouse in Naga City. Honestly, we are not financially prepared for it.  Our budget for the townhouse renovation was only a fraction of our condo renovation budget.   Pinush lang talaga.  We need to make the townhouse livable at the soonest possible time.  We need to rent it out for us to  recoup our investment.  The remaining cash  that we have (which is not that much) will be our  buffer fund.   Hence, the lack of travel fund.  Touching our emergency fund (which is also not that much) is out of the question.


Tiles and partitions were installed.



A kitchen was constructed.



I am grateful that my husband and I share the same financial values.  I am also grateful that even in times of shortage, we can still afford to laugh.  

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

  1. Natawa ko dun sa conversation nio sis! Kame naman my husband is the kuripot one in terms of traveling, he don't like the idea na gagastos kame para pumunta sa beach ganun. Pero ang gusto nya ung bibisita kame sa Bicol para makita ng mga grandparents nya mga anak namin. So ok na din kasi atleast hindi nga naman kame gagastos. Mukhang medyo matagal pa ang paglalagay ng partitions sa townhouse namin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami din, umuuwi kami ng Bicol every time my chance kasi nandun ang parents namin.
      Yung husband ko, pagnagtatravel, dapat sky is the limit kasi naiistress daw siya magtipid, and it would defeat the purpose. Kaya kailangan pag-ipunan talaga.

      Delete
  2. That vacation can wait. Pag may funds na, go! You guys deserve it because you are both hardworking. Having the same financial values with your husband is a good thing. Si hubby unti-unti nadedevelop na ang financial values nya, pinagdadasal ko kasi, haha. Marami-rami pang dasal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Magbabakasyon pa naman daw kami if there is a dramatic increase in his salary this year, and when I get a promotion (WHEN talaga...feelingera lang. hehe).

      Delete
    2. gusto ko ung word na dramatic pag nakakabit sa word na salary increase...your article is a rom-com...kaka inspire..

      Delete
    3. Hindi yung increase na kinakain lang ng income tax. hehe.

      Delete

Post a Comment