Skip to main content

Baguio City with Dan and Baby C



Few months ago,  we  planned to have a family trip to Baguio City  to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.  Unfortunately, a month before their anniversary, my father was hospitalized, hence, the  trip was  cancelled.  We just went to Sorsogon, a three-hour car ride away from  our Naga City home.   

I  was very “atat”  to go to Baguio so,  I made it  happen  but instead of going there with the whole fam (my parents, siblings and nieces/nephews), I went there with just  my husband and daughter and her yaya.  It was a less than a week preparation. That’s the good thing about going to a place via bus, you don’t need to book a flight months in advance.  The fare is constant unlike airfare.

I booked  our  bus tickets two days prior our departure.  I think it’s still advisable to buy tickets in advance especially if you’re travelling with kids.  Iba talaga pag may kasamang bata.  Everything must be planned and considered.   “Bahala na” is a big no-no.      So, for the first time,  I made a very detailed, child-friendly itinerary.

We left Manila at exactly 6:00 am via Victory Liner. Unexpectedly, my daughter barfed several times and kept on saying,  “Mom, my tummy hurts.”   It was her first time to feel sick  during travel.   And that made me feel worried and made  my husband very very very worried.  He even googled HOSPITALS IN BAGUIO.  We are OA parents. I know. We haven’t improved in that department yet.   Fortunately, she got better.  We arrived in Baguio at around 12 noon.  The hotel check-in time  was 2PM so we first had our lunch at Good Taste.   



Ginataang Hito

Buttered Chicken

Chopsuey

It was my first time to eat at Good Taste.  I just learned about it in the internet.  So, I did not expect that there was a queue before you can enter the restaurant, and it would take them more than 30 minutes to serve the food. That’s how jam-packed the restaurant was.  Their servings were also unexpectedly hefty and cheap.   As to the taste, I have to be honest, the taste was good, but not exceptional.  Kaya siguro Good Taste ang  pangalan ng resto hindi Excellent taste. Lol.   But definitely, our dining experience was worth the wait.

From Good Taste, we went straight to  Forest Lodge Hotel.  It was located at Camp John Hay.  I really preferred a hotel outside of the center of the city.  You know,  I wanted to chill.  I wanted to commune with nature. And Forest Lodge did not disappoint.






At around 5pm, Baby C, Ate Ma and I went out, and explored the area while my husband slept.  We were supposed to go to Burnham Park but  our commute to Baguio made him very tired.  I did not insist because after all, we went there to relax. 










We did not go out for dinner, and just ate the leftover food from Good Taste.
The following day was our "gala" day.  We woke up at around 6 am, and had our breakfast.  The hotel room rate that we paid did not include breakfast so, we ate at Tapa King which was just a few steps away from the hotel.   

At around 9 am, we started the Baguio “tour.” 

Our first stop

Botanical Garden
Then we dropped by the church near Botanical.

It was drizzling, so instead of going to Wright Park, we had our early lunch at Ketchup Food Community, across Wright Park.  Our first choice was Canto Restaurant but it was full, and  we did not want to fall in line again.  So, we ended up eating at Rancho.  The food was so-so.
Then, we went to Wright Park.  Baby C was scared to ride a horse.  Actually, she was scared of horses.  So, we just let Ate Ma had her first horseback riding  experience.  









Last stop
Mines View park


Then we went back to the hotel to take a rest.  At around 5pm, we went to Burnham Park.






We had our dinner at 50s Diner.  I have heard so much about it so, we tried it out.  I thought it was  at par with Biggs, a 50s styled restaurant in Naga City.  However, I was wrong.  Without bias, the food at Biggs was better.  But, the price of food  at 50s Diner was cheaper.  Borrowing the tagline of Burger King, taste is king.  








On our last day, we went to Baguio Market.  I wanted to buy vegetables, walis tambo, longganisa and whatnot but my husband thwarted the idea. “Mag bubus lang  tayo. May kasama tayong bata blah blah blah.” So, we just bought pasalubong (lengua de gato and ube jam), ate breakfast and went back to the hotel.  We rested a bit, checked out and went back to Manila.
We all had fun and we are all looking forward to our next travel.


Baguio Expenses:

Bus Fare                  P2,700 (450x3)
Taxi Fare                      698
Good Taste                  700
Tapa King                    630
Rancho                        590
horseback Riding       200
Snacks (corn/water)    205
Boat Ride                    250 (tip included)
50s Diner                    700
Chowking                   350
Pasalubong                 1350
Forest Lodge             7000 (2 nights)
Total                        P15,373







Comments

  1. Uy remember our biglaang Baguio trip! Ang laki na ni Baby C!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Parang kailan lang. Nag Burnham din tayo nun at nawala yung cellphone ko. haha

      Delete
  2. Baguio ang isa sa mga lugar na ang sarap balik-balikan for me. Bukod sa weather, maraming masarap pasyalan at kainan talaga, eh. At sa mga restos na pinuntahan nyo, 50s Diner pa lang ang na-try ko, ibig sabihin andami ko pa talaga di nata-try na restos sa Baguio. Ang saya naman ng family trip nyo, mukhang nag-enjoy ng husto si Baby C. At ang laki na nya! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment