Skip to main content

COMFORT+STYLE=ANTHOS


I’m certainly not a shoeholic.  I don’t love shoes as much as I love my weekly  grocery shopping. (Lol)  And  for me, to become a self-confessed shoe addict, one must own a pair of Prada at least (kidding aside).   I have nothing against women who are into shoes.  If you have the money and the urge, then splurge. ..plain and simple.  Unlike men, I completely understand them.  My penchant for perfume makes me understand them! (lol) Unlike other women,   I only have few pairs.  Most of them are from my aunt.  I’m  lucky because we have the same shoe size. I’m  extra lucky because we have  work uniforms and all I need is a pair of decent black shoes. (Thanks Auntie Quelly for my black Bally.)
 
When it comes to shoes, I never compromise comfort.  I really don’t give a darn if my shoesies are not fashionable or if they don’t give the additional height that I need.  I just want  a loyal pair…a pair willing to come with me in trekking MRT stations without giving me blisters and discomfort!  Two months ago,  I happened to browse the website of Anthology shoes.  Perhaps, the write-up caught my attention.  The description of each pair boils down   to a rare combo of comfort and style!  After contemplating (I don’t buy shoes on a whim.), I convinced myself to click the order button.

The fact that I never had a pair of boat shoes corroborated by the fact that it was on sale, choosing Rio de Janeiro was a walk in the park decision.  My first choice was Rio/Marigold .  I was enchanted by the silver shoe lace. Due to its unavailability, I got Rio/Scarlet.     I personally picked them at The Ramp Trinoma because I wanted to try them on first before shelling out my moolah.  When I inserted my feet, I felt nothing but comfort!

from anthologyshoes.com
Here’s Rio de Janeiro/Scarlet. The outside is  made  of orange suede and brown leather lace.  The inside has a genuine leather lining and a cushioned insole.  The fact that these lovies are crafted by Pinoys gives me the extra pride!!! 



from anthologyshoes.com

If there is something that I hate about the brand, it’s the tag.  Their shoes are pricey compared to other locally manufactured footwear.  My Rio was originally priced at P3,700+.  But it’s really worth the unhappy wallet.   The quality of Antho is at par with Naturalizer.  Enough said!

I’m lemming for Hudson and Seoul!!! Still, I’m not a shoe addict!!! lol

(I'll edit later. I'm starving!)

Comments

Post a Comment