Skip to main content

NOT TO BUY LIST


“A family is like  a ship.  There can be only one captain.  It is the husband.”, Ninong Bimbim told us in his speech during our wedding.  “Weh?!”, the feminists exclaimed.  “And there can be only one treasurer!  It is the wife.”, he continued. “Ah okay!”, the feminists were convinced.  Lelz.

It is difficult for me to adopt the first statement. First off, I’m a domineering biatch! lelz .  Second, in our family, my mom makes almost all of the major decisions.  Please don’t take this against my father.  He’s a good man, a loving husband and a near perfect father.  It’s just that my mom’s decision-making ability  is better.    But since submitting to the husband is in the bible, I’m now in the process of becoming a submissive wife. 

I thought the second one  is pro-me. Contrary to my impression, keeping the purse is not easy.  I  need to spend wisely.  I need to say no to buying stuff on a whim.   It’s not because my boylet is a cheapskate or something.  It’s because I feel responsible for our fund.  It is not just my money, it’s already our money.   And our money will not be spent on the following: 

NOT TO BUY LIST (for this year lang ha...)

1.        A pair of shoes.  I can’t wear two pairs of shoes at the same time.  Nuff said.
2.       A bag.  I won’t buy a new bag until I pass the exams.  (parang mahirap tong panindigan ah). 
3.       Iphone or Blackberry.  I don’t need a hi-tech phone.  My Samsung phone which I bought for P800  is still in good condition…at madaming load!
4.       Ipad.  Idon’t need it. 
5.       Blush -on.  My Bobbi Brown blush-on perfectly suits my  skin tone. I don’t need another one.
6.       Eye palette.  I don’t know how to apply eye makeup.  Why will I buy it?
7.       Clothes from Divisoria.  I’ve decided to prefer quality over quantity.  Our small condo unit does not have a space  for  an  additional closet.    Besides, my boylet does not want me to go to Divisoria.   According to him, the bargain is not worth the effort.  It’s true unless the purchase is by bulk. 
8.       Jewelry.  MRT is my means of transportation.  I won't dare to wear valuable accessories. 
9.       Car.  As of now, we find it impractical to buy one.   My boylet’s transportation allowance is P16 a day.    If we acquire a car, our  expense will surely swell.
   
Number ten…tama na! lol.

I don’t consider myself  a minimalist or a simplifier.  Not yet.  But, I believe that there is more to life than acquiring stuff.

Thank you for reading.






   


Comments

  1. Love this list. Makapag-draft nga ng sarili kong not to buy list. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. i will look forward to your list. by the way, i enjoy reading your personal blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Hinihintay ko ang addendum/addenda sa post na ito. :-b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kating kati na nga ako bumili ng bagong bag at parati mong nilalait ang bag ko. hehe. pati sapatos.

      Delete

Post a Comment