Skip to main content

the biggest VDAY gift


Last week, my facebook news feed was flooded with cheese.  “Thanks jowa for these beautiful flowers echos echos with jowa at  shushal resto.”  Oh…sweet. For real, I find it sweet.  Hehe.  Although I agree with Atty. Bingbong (a friend) that Valentine’s Day is a marketing tool of flower shops, restos, hotels, motels etc. , I still like the idea of guys buying something for their girlies.  I still like to watch macho guys carrying  a bouquet of flowers. And personally, receiving flowers makes me feel loved and beautiful and most of all, proud. Haha.

Last Puso day, I did not receive a bouquet of roses from Island Rose.  There was no candle lit dinner in a fancy restaurant.    However, I did not feel kawawa at all. The reason?  We are saving for something bigger than a plate of steak.   We are saving for  a condo unit similar to the photo below.



This is  a model unit. The actual unit will be delivered bare-finished.


I  like the induction hob.



I found the project through a flyer. I  looked into its records.   It has a license to sell.  It has no Notice of Violation/Cease or Desist Order.       

One Saturday, boylet and I visited the site.  After deliberating, we  made a unanimous decision…we want to live there!

What made us jump into that decision?

1.        Price.    We have agreed that the monthly amortization should not exceed 25% of our combined net income. The price of the unit  fits our housing budget.
2.       Location.  The project is conveniently located along Edsa.  It’s just minutes away from our office.  It’s one tumbling away from malls and other commercial establishments.
3.        Size.  It’s spacious. Well, it’s not that spacious. Let’s just say it can be converted up to 3 bedrooms.
4.       Payment scheme.  It has a flexible payment scheme.  The down payment can be paid on installment basis without interest. 
5.       Ready for Occupancy.  We don’t need to worry on whether the project will be developed or not.


Admittedly, the building is  not that  aesthetically impressive.  Also, it has only basic facilities. It has no swimming pool or a park or a gym.  Well, we can’t have everything considering that our housing budget is only limited.  Besides, we will not live there forever.  We still want to own our dream zen house  (pagmayaman na kami). For now, I am fine with condo living. 

To date, we have reserved a unit.

By the way, our Valentines was special.  He surprised me with 3 roses which I think he bought for less than P200.  lol.   We  enjoyed the big burgers and bottled coke in G Burgers (Gilid Burgers located sa gilid ng condo).   After our Gilid dinner, we called Ate Sandra for a relaxing massage.    See, we could live a sweet life without spending too much moolah.


Tinipid ni boylet ang kanyang allowance for him to buy me these roses. sweet noh?
Savor this sinfully delish burger for only P130.


location: Estrella St., Bangkal Makati City




Hopefully, next year, we will celebrate Valentines in our own home sweet home.

Thanks for reading!


Comments

  1. nice nice nice! love that you finally are investing on real estate. after that, mansion naman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mansion!!!pagmay lisensya na akong maging work-at-home wife at madami nang nagpapagawa ng demand letter at affidavit of loss. hahahaha

      Delete
  2. And here I was, thinking my TV-as-valentine-gift was pretty epic...

    Congrats on your new condo!

    Nice to see you people with great priorities, despite the intense marketing and cultural pressure to just buy chocolates and flowers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlos for dropping by my blog. My husband and I find happiness in staying at home (watching tv, reading books, playing games, doing nothing) that’s why having a decent shelter is really one of our priorities.
      Btw, your personal finance blog educates me.

      Delete

Post a Comment