Skip to main content

A QUICK, RELAXING GETAWAY: ACE HOTEL AND SUITES



We have reached more than 50% of our target home sweet home fund (the fund that will be used for the interior finishing of  the condo unit we have contracted to purchase).  Yey!  I’m not quite sure if our 200,000 budget is enough to make this bare-finished condo livable.



 Yeah I know, our P200,000 cannot take us to  this unit.   Okay, the modular kitchen, bed frame with tufted headboard and other pieces to glam up  our little abode  can wait until next year.   Hmmm…after doing the math, we might (the word is MIGHT) increase the budget by P100,000.  It is tantamount to penny pinching to the highest level. 

Another yey…I have paid 75% of our credit card debts.  I have fully paid and cancelled one credit card.  Applause…applause!  I am so proud of myself.  Zero credit card debt by September is highly probable.  

The aforementioned accomplishments called for a celebration! Woohoo!!! We decided not to spend our weekend at home.    Since my husband and I did not have the luxury of time and energy  to fly out of the metro or commute to nearby provinces, I just booked a cab ride away hotel.  I chose Ace Hotel and Suites.  It’s a newly opened hotel in Brixton St., Pasig City.     An overnight stay in a hotel, water spa, buffet dinner and breakfast – luxury!  By the way, our travel fund took care of our expenses.  Since January, I’ve been stashing P500 a week for our travel fund.  It was high time to spend it.  A weekend housewife needed a break.

 
Lemonade and Red Iced Tea as welcome drinks








This is their deluxe room.  It’s not that huge but it’s clean and cozy.  “Babe, I want our room to be like this.” I repeated this statement for like ten times.  Haha. 




Beddings with decent thread count plus fluffy pillows knocked us out.    
 

The comfort room is ultra clean  and huge.  The best thing about it, it has a bidet.  I didn’t need to ask for a dipper…a “not pangmayaman” practice!haha




Boylet:  Babe, we  are frugal not cheap. Huwag mo nang kunin yan.
Me:  Sayang naman.
Boylet:  Babe, iniiwan lang yan ng mga sosyal.  Sosyal tayo ngayon.  Panindigan na natin.
Me: Sige na nga.
I still took the lotion, comb and slippers. Sshhh….



Complimentary wine and fruits 
 
We also took a plunge in Ace Water Spa.   It  has a sauna, aromatic hot pool, cold pool and lapping pool.   There’s a kids area too.   We enjoyed the hot pool but staying there for too long is not advisable.  The lapping pool was superb.  Unlike other public pools, it was not crowded.  We were regular clients of Ace back then – during the time when we were not that conscious with our spending.    It was where my husband learned how to swim.   I was his Coach Chasen.  I kid! I just know how to swim the scientific way.

After the spa experience, we headed to Ace Café to replace the calories burned. Haha. We pigged out and made sulit the bill we paid for the buffet.     After burping, my husband  words were: “Babe, di pa talaga tayo mayaman, lakas natin kumain!”  Haha.

Verdict:  Holing up in Ace Hotel and Suites  was a real treat…a five out of five.

Here’s the rundown  of our expenses:
Taxi (from Makati to Pasig)                                                                      P  130
Hotel Accommodation, water spa, breakfast buffet (Metrodeal)               4,550
Dinner buffet (P650 each plus service charge)                                           1,430
Taxi (from Pasig to Makati)                                                                           140
Total                                                                                                           P 6,250




Thank you for reading!
       

Comments

  1. Ay, natawa naman ako sa convo ninyu ng partner mo! hahaha!

    Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, pangmayaman talaga! i miss you na! grabe, wala akong ka-huntahan na tulad mo dito

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! That looks like a great place for a quick getaway! I'm bookmarking this page right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment