Skip to main content

HOME UPDATE (THE COST OF RENOVATING A 40 SQM CONDO UNIT)



You must be wondering what happened to our home sweet home.  I think I haven’t posted an update for the longest time.  I wanted to.  Honest.  It’s just that I didn’t want this blog to be a space for disappointment.  But, I am okay now. Everything is okay now.  Thank you Lord. 

 The initial plan was to move-in before the end of 2013 but the unit was not delivered on time. Tsk.  So, we re-scheduled the renovation this January.   We encountered another glitch.  Getting a renovation permit was also not that easy.  Well, we understand that we need to submit the requirements.  After all, it’s for the safety of the unit owners.  But, what we couldn’t understand is the permit’s processing time.   Imagine, we were told that it would take one month. Wow!  We can’t wait that long.  We need to transfer to the unit before the expiration of our lease contract.  So, I  was compelled to  use my charm.     To cut the story short, one month was reduced  to two days.   Friends, I am that charming. Lol

Yesterday, the contractor started the renovation.  We engaged the services of Triple R Builders.

Here’s the scope of work/materials.

Two room partitioning with one storage room
Ceiling Design on the First floor, cove lighting
60x60 synthetic granite tiles on ground floor, laminated wood on 2nd floor
All electrical lighting and outlets including pinlight, droplight and accent cove lights
Kitchen cabinets continuous handle with synthetic granite countertop
1 kitchen pull out
AC power line installation
Overall painting, Duco finish on cabinets
Aluminum or stainless frame railings on stairs with glass accent
20x30 porcelain tiles on comfort room walls up to ceiling height and 20x20 ceramic tiles on comfort room flooring
2 panel interior door
Rain shower type head on comfort room   inclusive of bidet and all plumbing works
Water proofing
Hanging Cabinet for storage purpose on comfort room/sliding glass door
Relocation of tv and telephone outlet and circuit breaker panel board
Installation and supply of one unit exhaust fan for comfort room
Tiles installation on balcony area
Flush door on storage area
Wardrobe closet on each room
Book shelves, entertainment rack
 
The contract price is P328,000.  I believe it’s reasonable since our unit is bare finish.

I hope and pray that the “finish product” will turn out beautiful. 

I am excited.

Thank you for reading!





Comments

  1. Wow! Hope to see the after-renovation pics! Wow wow wow!

    A reason to be excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'll post them. I'm excited to see the fruit of our hard work and frugality.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. A month into one day?! You really are quite a charmer!

    And I want to see the after-renovation pictures as well! Please :)

    We also have some renovations planned for our 30sqm condo, but nothing as drastic as yours. We just want to fix up our tiny kitchen, add shelves, a bookshelf and some painting. Budget is only 50k, which is quite a big amount for me but is apparently pitiful when it comes to renovations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parang nakikiusap lang sa MMDA. haha..
      I will post them. Promise!
      My initial budget was only P200k. When we asked for quotations, two contractors quoted P600,000. Waaah! Bahay na yun sa isang socialized housing project. sobra pa!
      Then, I found Triple R Builders. I hope talaga na okay gawa nila.
      Thanks for dropping by Atty. Jill!

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm hoping to see an "after" pictures. For now, the only place I can renovate is my room which I had repainted early last year. :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My budget is 250k for a 37sqm unit. I might have to re-assess this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to have a buffer fund. Have you started asking for quotations?

      Delete
    2. I've asked one architect (slash int designer) pa lang.

      Delete
  5. We had a renovation sa bahay about 4 years ago. We added a total of 20 sq m (10 sa baba, 10 sa taas) and the walls had to be knocked down. The total was P280k, and was finished in 3 months I think. Pero di pa maporma. Madami pang kulang. We added some things like insulations, etc, so the renovation cost around P330k.

    You will be broke talaga, basta may construction. The only consolation is, it will be your home where new memories will be made, where love abounds, and where your future child/children (God -willing) will grow up in.

    Im so happy for you. Cant wait to see your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We already completed the contract price before the construction kaya lang may mga binago kami sa materials so dagdag ulit sa budget. pero nakakakilig naman ang result. :)

      Delete
  6. hope you can post pics when theyre done renovating :D btw did the condo had original floorings and you had to have them taken out for replacement? or was it completely bare? and how much did the laminated wood cost? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was bare. I don’t know the cost of the laminated wood. The contractor failed to provide us the details of the quotation. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that the contractors of your condominium made a beutiful rennovation to it. However, there are condos that are less hassle for rennovation like Megaworld's condo in Fort Bonifacio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the renovation results beautiful. Please post pictures. I'm excited for you. :D I'm also planning to have a renovation to my condo unit at BGC, your post will be my guide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, when you are renovating, you are only remodeling the inside the of the unit. You have to do this because most of the Interior when you get one is the same with the other units. As for luxury penthouse Singapore, they are uniquely designed so you don't have to worry about renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your house contractors made it well. I'm looking forward for the pictures of your house renovated. Happy Living!:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I found your site through Google search. How was working with Triple R builders? I'm looking for contractors who can provide labor and materials, along with construction. Appreciate the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.
      They did not give us any major problem. The contract price was reasonable or at least lower than the quotations given by other contractors. The materials used were in accordance with the contract. I suggest you draft a very detailed contract stating the brand, specs etc. The workmanship was not perfect though. However, you can always call their attention and ask them to undo or correct the flaws. So, it is wise to supervise them.
      You can also look at the post renovation pics.
      Thanks for dropping by my blog.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.
    interior designer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you can post the pictures of your renovated unit. I have condo near Greenhills and fortunately, I just need to redecorate some things, though I'm still thinking if I will renovate it into what I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a good post! But I think to further improve this post, maybe you should have posted pictures. By the way, one of the greatest house construction in the Philippines is Top Notch Construction PH.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course, someday you need some renovation for you condo. To maintain it like the luxury condos in Manila or to attain the its beauty but the important is hiring a best contractor to do your renovation, to receive the best result you are imagining.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to give my special thanks to you; very first time I have got such type of blog that has described everything perfectly. Rose Mount Kitchens

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi..I am planning to get the services of Triple R Builders, how was working with them? Appreciate the help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I never had a major problem working with Rio Raz, the proprietor of Triple R Builders. As to his character, he's honest and professional. As to his work, I posted pictures here in my blog.
      If I may suggest, put all your agreements in writing, and draw a layout of your desired design.

      Delete

Post a Comment