Skip to main content

BIERNES SANTO



Before the start of the condo  renovation, we already had like P350k in our home sweet home fund, enough to cover the renovation contract price.  I thought we were financially prepared.   However, conversations like these happened.

Me:  Parang mas maganda yung bathroom tiles na nakita ko sa net.
Dan: Sige, punta tayo ng Binondo. Let’s check.

Additional P30k plus…

Dan: Pagawa na kaya tayo ng  bed frames and sofa
Me: You sure?

Additional P48k plus…

Me:  Gusto ko yung may bathroom enclosure para di nababasa yung floor sa may toilet bowl.  And parang mas okay na may sliding mirror sa closet.
Dan: Sige. You ask for quotation.

Additional P15k plus

At madami pang iba…

So, our savings went down the drain.  My husband’s entire sweldo from January to April less the amortization of the condo went to renovation expenses.  Our everyday maintenance came from my paltry salary.  

During Holy Week, while others were on vacation, we decided to stay at home.    It’s primarily because  we didn’t have (we still don’t have) travel fund to answer for out of town vacation.  Second, we felt the need to have “just the two of us” time at home. Third, I had work backlogs.  So, our plan was to reflect, sleep, work and clean the house.  Then, came Friday, I was preparing to go to Quiapo church when my sister-in-law, through phone broke a very sad news.     My father in-law passed away. 

My father-in-law  (also known as Ama )and I weren’t close. But from my husband’s stories, I can say that, though not perfect (who’s perfect, anyway?), he was a good and  loving father.

Although our travel fund was nil, we travelled to Naga City for Ama’s wake and burial.   Good thing, I didn’t stop building our emergency fund.    It’s where we charged  the miscellaneous expenses incurred  during the wake.   

Right now, our emergency fund is almost zero.  However, I never regret spending it for Ama.

Comments

  1. Hi chasen, I am sorry for what happened to your father in law. hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Good day. Hnd ko man po masyadong nabasa ung mga blogs nyo but base on the pictures ang ganda po ng unit nyo. By the way nagpaplan po kami magpa renovate ng house and hnd po namin alam kung paano po sisimulan. We had so many question specially pagdating sa pag budget ng renovation. Sino po pla ung contractor nyo? I hope mabigyan nyo po ako ng advise regarding s pagpaparenovate. Thanks alot..GODBLESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      The first thing we did was to look for designs/peg sa magazines, internet. We even visited condo showrooms. Kunwari bibili kami. hehe.. Tapos tumingin kami ng prices ng mga materials, para magka idea lang kami kung magkano ang iipunin namin. I-weigh mo kung saan ka makakamura, maghire ng karpintero o ng contractor. Ask for quotations. Kung karpintero, make sure na magaling. Tapos kelangan may bantay. Ito pala yung quotation ng contractor http://blahblahblogchef.blogspot.com/2014/01/home-update-cost-of-renovating-40-sqm.html If you need the contact number, email me nalang. chasenmae@yahoo.com
      Goodluck!

      Delete

Post a Comment