Skip to main content

Planning Baby C's COC themed birthday party




source



Yes. You read it right. The theme of my darling girl’s first birthday party will be Clash of Clans (COC)!  Any violent reaction? Haha.   Actually, my friends and relatives shared the same reaction when they found out about the theme.  “But, your child is a girl...”  Yes.   My child is a girl and I want her to be a WARRIOR!  I want her to be brave, smart, confident, kind  and hardworking.    I don’t want her to be frail, shy, self-centered and dependent.   I want her to focus on her skills, talents and attitude not on physical beauty.  I want to raise a warrior.     And…hmm…my husband and I like playing Clash of Clans and we think that a COC themed party is going to be FUN!!!  Anyway, first birthday parties are for the parents, right? Haha.

We already have a theme. So what’s next? Honestly, I am not good at planning a party (at planning in general).  But, I can always learn, right?  For a beginner like me, a checklist is a must.

Budget:   I like parties and celebrations. They are venues for chika chika with relatives and close friends. However, I don’t want to spend a fortune on  an impressive birthday party.  I find it impractical. Besides, I don’t need to impress my relatives and friends.   Hence, the party is going to be a simple one. I set the budget at P15,000, buffer included. 

Venue: We are choosing between my parents’ house and our townhouse in Naga City. My husband wants to hold the party in our townhouse but I’m not quite sure if it can accommodate our guests.  Let’s see.

Food: I’m planning to cook spaghetti, fried chicken, spring rolls and hotdogs – the usual simple  birthday party food.   

Birthday Cake:  I asked my sister-in-law to look for a cake supplier in Naga City who can bake a COC cake.

Candy/Dessert Bar and Styling: I will be the one to do the styling with the help of some friends and nieces.  I already asked my nieces, Francine and Baba to make pompoms and buntings.  I will also go to Divisoria to buy cloth, jars, candies and  other party stuff.    

Invites: I will not send invites.   Sending invites might suggest that I’ll be throwing a grand party. Haha. 

Photographer: I will ask my goddaughter  who has a DSLR camera to be the official photographer.

Entertainment: I’m considering to hire clowns.

What else?



Comments

  1. Hi! Naalala ko tuloy ang candy buffet business namen.. struggling na hehehe I once saw a COC bday party from my cousin. Ang cute lang :)

    happy birthday to your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne. Tiningnan ko nga sa blog mo setup ng candy buffet na ginawa mo. Ang ganda.

      Delete

Post a Comment