Skip to main content

Baby C's COC Themed First Birthday Party

Baby C just turned 1 last September 11.  Indeed, time flies so fast.  Our darling girl is now a toddler! She’s becoming more malikot err curious. Ang dami niya na ding tricks. Haha. And she continues to amaze us every day.  She continues to make us so happy.  She continues to be the reason why I am sometimes late to work or why I sometimes do “undertime”.  She’s so adorable that leaving her is an everyday struggle.  I wish our office would provide a day care center  as part of its Gender Awareness Development program.   It can be done, right?

To celebrate the gift  that the Guy up there has given us, we threw a party at my parents’ house in  Naga City. It was a simple party. It was just family, it was intimate  but,  I cannot say that it was a  “small party”.  My husband and I belong to a big and tight-knit  family kaya pamilya pa lang, barangay na. Haha.   As my sister-in-law said, “Expect for 100 (or more) guests or do not host a party at all.”   She’s so right. 


As planned, the theme was Clash of Clans.



dessert bar


I prepared 25 loot bags and 25 prizes for the games.

My niece arranging the graham balls she made

The program was held at our garahe.


The party coordinators/stylists

Because of my desire to feed and entertain 100 (more or less) guests with a limited budget, I DIYd everything, from planning to execution, of course with the help of my kapamilya.  Mag clown lang ata ang hindi ko ginawa. Haha.     It was tiring  but it was exciting and fun.  Uulitin ko pa ba? Hindi na siguro.  Hahaha. 

All in all, I spent 15k (more or less). I was not able to do an exact accounting  but the details below will somehow make you believe that I pulled off a Birthday Party at 15k (more or less).

Food Served
5 kgs. Filipino Style Spaghetti
1 kg Pesto Pasta
2 kgs hotdog on stick
15 kgs fried chicken
3 kgs lumpia shanghai
5 kgs. Chicken hamonado (gift)
2 gallons ice cream (gift)
50 pieces cupcakes (gift from my SIL)
3 chiffon cakes
Juice and Softdrinks
Birthday Cake (gift from my SIL) - Carla's Cake (09256722752)

I think I spent P8,000  on food. 

Entertainment  - Ms. Helen's Party Favors (09193241630)
Clown – P1500
Face Paint – P1500
Tables and Chairs – P1000
Lootbags/Candies/Decoration – P3000 (more or less)
Labor – Labor of Love
My daughter threw a tantrum during the party. I think she was overwhelmed, and the clown and the noise frightened her.   Yes. She definitely did not enjoy the party.  It’s okay. In the first place, the party was not for her to enjoy. Haha. Sino ba sa atin ang naenjoy ang ating 1st birthday?  However, I am hoping that when she grows up and looks at her birthday pictures, she would see her parents’ joy  and it’s all because of her.   






Comments

  1. 15k for 100 guests? Wow, ang galing mo naman magDIY at magbudget! The party looks fun and how cool the COC theme, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At may take out pa sila! Mas mura kasi magluto kesa magpacater. Nakakapagod nga lang. Haha. But, the preparation was fun. Lahat involved especially my two nieces na enjoy na enjoy mag busy busyhan. haha.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Ang galing 15k lang lahat yan? I DIYed my Twins 1st birthday too and sinabi ko din na hindi na un mauulit. Nakakapagod kaya! Thumbs up for all the DIY mom!

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snacks lang kasi. I did not serve rice. But I think nabusog naman ang mga bisita.
      Yes. Sobrang nakakapagod. After the party, ang sakit na ng paa ko pero hindi pa pwede magpahinga kasi magliligpit pa.

      Delete

Post a Comment