Skip to main content

Maintaining Composure + Mother's Day Special

I’ve been very busy these past few weeks.  My mother and nieces had their vacation in Manila. Then, a day after they went back to  Naga, I was informed that my mom was admitted to the hospital.  Without a second thought, I boarded a bus going to Naga, leaving my work  to the members of  the committee I was heading up.  When  I arrived, I found out that my mom was transferred to the ICU while my father was also admitted.    Imagine the anxiety.  But God is indeed good.  Both of my parents are home now  although my mom has not completely recovered yet.   The hospital bills were settled.  My differential (I got promoted!) was timely credited to my account.   My superior and colleagues were very considerate.   My relatives and friends showered us with so much love and support.

When I got back to the office, as expected,  I was bombarded with  work and responsibilities.  The 
presentation we prepared had to be redone in one week.  My colleague in charge for  video editing informed me that she had to start from scratch.  I was very anxious since video editing is something that I don’t know. And all I could do is to trust her assurance that she could deliver on time.   Despite the pressure, I did my best to remain composed.   I tried my best not to nag or throw a fit.  I tried  hard to be graceful even under pressure.    Thank God, we were able to deliver an output as wanted by our bosses. 

After the presentation had been finalized, I wanted to relax and see a movie.   I asked my niece and my baby’s yaya to accompany me, to which they said yes.  However, they changed their minds and opted to go somewhere without my permission.  I was really fuming with anger especially that they brought Baby C with them.  They also lied that they just went to the lobby. The thought that they were hiding something  intensified my anger.  However, I bit my tongue because I was afraid that I might say hurtful words.  Instead, I walked out.    I went to the mall  alone and resolved that I will talk to them  when I get back.     

When I arrived home… 







This was the first time my husband surprised me.   I was really clueless.  I never expected it because, you know, my husband is not the ma-surprise type of guy.  I was really touched.









When I asked him, "Anong nakain mo?"  He said, "Sabi kasi nung pari sa kasal ni ****, dapat daw sweet pa din kahit mag-asawa na." 





The reason why my niece and Ate "sneaked out" of the house because  my husband asked them to
buy food and stuff.


I am glad that I remained composed.  I would have ruined their sweet surprise had I not bit my tongue.    






To all my ka-mother, belated Happy Mother’s Day!  






  

Comments

  1. Ang sweet! My hubby is not that sweet too! Though he baked lasagna on Mother's Day, ok na din kesa sa wala diba? Belated Happy Mother's Day to you sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akala ko nga may nagawang masama sakin yung asawa ko kaya bumabawi. haha. Galing naman ng hubby mo, marunong sa kusina.

      Delete
  2. Good to know your parents are now okay. Hindi ko maimagine ang sarili ko kung paano magre-react kapag parents ko naman ang maysakit although I know it's inevitable. It will come sooner or later. Ako pa naman ang panganay samin.

    Happy Mother's Day! Ayiieee, ang sweet naman ni hubby. Kaya dapat kalma lang madalas, hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalma on the outside, kabado on the inside. Buti na din lang, nurse ang brother at sis-in-law ko. At yung mga relatives namin, all-out ang support.

      Delete

Post a Comment