Skip to main content

Kwentong Pag-Ibig (Not a Valentine's Day Post)




The second tranche of our salary increase was  released this month.  The net amount of the increase is not that much, but still, I am very thankful.   Just right after I received my payslip, I sent a note to our HR authorizing them to deduct an additional P400/month for Pag-ibig.  I increase my Pag-Ibig Contribution every time my salary increases.    Why did I choose to augment my Pag-ibig contribution? Firstly, the dividend is higher than bank interest.  Secondly, I am certain that it won’t declare bankruptcy since it’s a government owned and controlled corporation.  Thirdly, increasing Pag-ibig savings also  increases my maximum loanable amount since the latter is based  on the Total Accumulated Value (TAV).    And lastly, just like  “PAG-IBIG”, hindi ko siya ramdam bes! Of course I’m kidding, I am so loved by my husband. Feel ko bes!  Going back, hindi ko siya ramdam because it’s automatically deducted from my salary.  

Why didn’t I put my savings in PAG-IBIG II since its dividend rate is higher? Because I am lazy.  I already asked the HR staff in charge with Pag-ibig contributions and other concerns about it .  I even submitted the accomplished PAG-IBIG II form. However, when he submitted it to PAG-IBIG office, he was told that my personal appearance is necessary. And I am lazy to go there.  Don’t be like me!   
Why didn’t I just put my money in UITF and Mutual Funds?  I’m currently investing in UITF and mutual funds.  I started investing in equity-laced UITF in 2014, and last year, after my promotion,  I put some cash in Mutual Funds (Balanced and Equity).  I invest a certain amount on my accounts every month or every time I have extra cash.    The UITF is for my retirement. The Mutual Fund-Equity is for my husband’s retirement and the Balanced Mutual Fund is for my daughter’s education.  I know that these are medium to high risk investments.  That’s why I think putting  money in a very low risk investment is a way for me to diversify my investments.

This year, I am planning to increase my paper assets. For the past three  years, almost all of our savings went to real estate . We purchased  our condo unit just right after we got married.  If I could just  bring back time, I would have saved more, and purchase a house and lot instead.  I don’t know if it’s just me pero iba pa din  ang lupa at bahay.  Talk about restrictions.     In 2015, we hastily purchased a townhouse in Naga City through Pag-Ibig Financing.   Honestly,  at first we thought that  it was a very bad financial decision.  The monthly amortization plus the cost of furnishing it caused a dent in our finances   until we had the apartment rented last year.   At least now, the property is self-liquidating.       

Reviewing our current net worth, most of our assets are tilted towards real estate.  Only 8.25%  goes to savings and paper assets (I didn’t include my Pag-Ibig savings because I don’t know the exact figure). So, yeah, 2017 is about saving and being liquid.  Good luck to me!

Oh, by the way, if you want to know more about Pag-ibig savings, just check their website.

Comments

  1. Nice!!!
    Ang galing mo naman. Ako walang ganyan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi mo na kailangan. haha. Kunin mo na kasi akong COS mo dyan para dumami ipon ko. hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Korek, malaking tulong ang 2nd tranche salary increase na yan maski kinain din halos ng tax. Looking forward na nga ako sa 3rd at 4th, hahaha. Push natin yang saving and being liquid! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment