Skip to main content

ON BEING A KAWANI NG GOBYERNO


Seven months ago, I was assigned as the head of a particular unit.  And until now, I still can’t say that I am fully attuned with my responsibility.     No matter how much I convince myself that everything is “trabaho lang, walang personalan”, there are still times that I go home exasperated or drained.  True enough, listening to other people’s frustration is both emotionally and mentally exhausting.   Just yesterday, a very toxic client called up.  I almost lost my cool. I was trembling with anger already but reminded myself that I am being paid to be patient.  After the woman on the other line ended our conversation, I consoled myself by devouring a slice of Estrels caramel cake. Thanks Estrels,  you completely erased the negative vibe. Kaya tumataba ako eh.

But, you know what? Being able to assist and help the public is also very rewarding.  This morning, I had a conversation with a walk-in client.

Client: You are very accommodating.  Dahil ba kay President Duterte? Change is coming.

Me: Hindi po. Kahit po noon, ganito napo kami. Lol

Her comment  really makes me happy that I’ve decided to blog about it. Haha. Ang yabang ko lang. 

I advocate (I’ve been hearing this word at Miss Universe, might as well use it. Lol) quality public service, because the public  deserve it…we deserve it.   It’s a good thing that President Duterte has devised 8888. It empowers the public to air  their frustrations. So, guys, instead of posting on facebook and shaming the employee being complained of, I  encourage you to just dial the hotline.  Let us be fair.  Give the other party the chance to explain  his side at the RIGHT VENUE.  And to my co-kawani ng gobyerno,  let us  do a good job, treat the public with respect, and perform our functions with honesty and fairness.   I thank you. Lol.   




Comments

  1. Galing naman! Keep it up! May your breed increase! If only all government employees would perform our functions with honesty and fairness then the Philippines will be very progressive and Filipinos will enjoy better opportunities. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment