Skip to main content

beef caldereta




Two weeks ago, my beef caldereta was rated  “edible”  by  Dan, my boylet.  Although, my feelings got hurt, my palate agreed.  It was sour and the meat was not that tender although I cooked it for forty-eight years. To justify my output,  it was my first time to cook beef caldereta.

Atty. Honey introduced me to this “dai ako matugot” attitude.    So, yesterday, I cooked my new and revised caldereta.  It was my comeback masterpiece .    However, I changed my juror.  It’s not because I found my boylet’s judgment tainted with bias but simply because I cooked it on a Tuesday and he was not around.   I appointed Atty. Jaja to be the juror and photographer.  (For me, taking photos is more difficult than slicing onion.  Of course, cleaning the kitchen is the thorniest part!)  And her verdict…she said it was yummy…after I told her that the dish gave me eyebags! Lol.  If you think Atty. Jaja did not just flatter me, you may want to try the recipe below.  You may alter the measurement depending on your taste.  At any rate,  cooking is not an exact science.

Ingredients
¾ beef (kalitiran)
¼ hotdog or Vienna sausage
2 pcs potatoes
2 pcs carrots
1 cup worcestershire sauce
5 cups water
¼ cup tomato paste
1 cup tomato sauce
2 knorr beef cubes
1 can liver spread
45 g chiz whiz
¼ cup grated cheese
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 small bottle pickle chips
Salt
Ground pepper

Instructions
       1.  Boil beef until tender.  Set aside the broth.
2           2.  In a separate pan, Saute garlic and onion.
3           3. Add the beef, hotdog, liver spread, knorr beef cubes and Worcestershire sauce.
4           4.  Pour the tomato sauce, tomato paste, 5 cups of water and the beef broth.  Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5           5.  Add the carrots and potatoes and cook until half tender. 
6           6.  Add the pickle chips with the syrup, then the bell pepper.
7           7.  Add the grated cheese and chiz whiz.
8           8.  Sprinkle the salt and pepper to taste.

 Serve hot. Enjoy!!!

Cooking time: 48 years...kidding...about 3 hours










 Photos by Jay Arcy

















Comments

  1. Ayon sa author. Dapat maganda ang comment ko. Ayaw naman patikim sakin yung niluto. Ano ba yan!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hindi naman sa ayaw ko...nagkataon lang na late ka pumasok kaya naubos na!

      Delete
  2. ang sarap Mr. ICTD. meron pa dito, kaso hotdog and sausage and carrots na lang, pero pang ulam pa din.

    I love your writing style, so fresh and light!

    congrats!

    Here's looking forward to more blogs from you sexy chef :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks atty ja. I hope I can cook and write without getting fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article. love your blog. love your cooking. and i love...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment