Skip to main content

CHADAN'S WEDDING: PRICE TAG



My bestfriend is planning a wedding.  Like what I had experienced last year, she’s already ngarag with the preparation and all.  Like us (me and my husband), my bestfriend and her boyfriend will shoulder all of the wedding expenses. For us, gone were the days when majority of the wedding costs were paid by the guy’s family.  Besides, my husband is not a son of a haciendero.  He’s a self-made man.  He worked as a  janitor while studying.  That’s another story. I’m just so proud of  him.  Going back, my only advice to my ngarag bestfriend was: DON’T SPEND TOO MUCH.   Those were the exact words of my friend Vida last year.    Good thing, I chose not to ignore her advice despite the enticing marketing strategies of wedding suppliers.   

For me, a beautiful wedding does not depend upon the floral arrangement or on the bridal car or even on the food served. The equation is simple:  Groom+Bride+Guests who are happy for the groom and  bride = Beautiful Wedding.  Come to think of it, your family and friends will not go to your wedding just to eat or to look at the floral arrangement or to collect souvenirs.  So, why overthink?  Why spend too much on a one-day event (to the extent of getting into debts)?   Well, I’m not saying that you starve your guests.  What I am trying to say is that it is crazy to hire a florist whose rate starts at P70,000 when you are just earning a 5-digit monthly income.   Presyo na ng plantation yun ah.

I admit, during my  wedding preparation, I was stressed out.  Wedding fund was not the reason though.   We had set an attainable wedding budget which we completed three months before our wedding.    

The actual wedding costs totaled to almost P250,000. Honestly, it did not take us into a grandiose wedding.  However, it took us into a fun and beautiful wedding.  It was primarily because we shared our genuine happiness with family and friends who were genuinely happy for us.      

How  we pulled off a wedding priced at less than P250k? Please take a look at the details below.



Penafrancia Shrine - P6,500 (Church, red carpet, stipend)

My good friend Fr. Aba


Starmark Royale - P88,000 (venue, food for 230 pax, wedding cake, bridal car, dessert bar, corkage)




Marilou Bustillo – P17,000 (14k wedding rings)


Engagement ring not included



Printsonalities – P0 (My donya friend paid P16k plus for the invites. Overpriced period.)


main invite, entourage  and rsvp cards


Andreu Ariola – P5,000 (This is a friendly rate. Tip: If you want to get a huge discount, befriend him first.) Lol.  His provincial rate is P12,000. 


Andreu's julalay...joke...Handsome Aa, Andreu's assistant and brother...fine...beautiful Aa!


Erwin the florist – P15,000 (bouquets, church and reception)



 
Starview Hotel/Happy Side – P7,397 (3 hotel rooms, 1 apartelle room) My donya friend gave a big big discount.   






Analyn’s Bridal Shop (Divisoria)/Manay Glo (she overhauled the gown) -  P20,000 (My initial budget was only P10,000 but for some reasons which I don’t want to divulge for friendship’s sake, it ballooned by 100%) Tip:  If you are not "Divisoriasmart", don't go to Divisoria.  This Analyn's Bridal Shop was my Number 2 stressor. They didn't know the word "deadline".  And the gown made my mom uttered "kawawa naman ang anak ko".  I was just so lucky that I have the reliable Manay Glo.  My mom paid for the repair. 






Onesimus – P6,000 (Barong and pants)


Manay Glo – P13,000 (Entourage Gowns)



Digifubz – P3,800 (Photobooth)






Souvenir – P4,250 (beads bookmark (free labor) from Jakie and the Beadstalk and souvenir from Divisoria)
AVP – P5,500
MPG Photography P30,000 (photo and video)
Serendipity – P6,000 (on the day coordinator)
Baking Delights Cupcakes and Chocolates – P4,300
Shoes – P1,600
Misalette – P1,500
Band – P2,000

 

 Thanks for reading.


 


Comments

  1. I am also a firm believer that wedding need not be to pricey :/ And WOW the pics are amazing!! The invites and very elegant and classy and the BRIDE, is gorgeous!!! Is that you?? If yes then you looked AMAZING on your wedding :D

    Zee Zoo from Memoirs of an Amnemonic Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kahit hindi pa ako kinakasal at malabo akong ikasal, kakapalan ko ang mukha ko na mag-comment dito hihihi

    One of thew post-wedding costs I like because everything is straightforward :) Yung iba kasing nababasa ako puro, it's cheap, reasonable at expensive eh. Hahaha

    At sabi nga nila, it's not the wedding but the marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll never know...hehe...uy, ang sarap ng buhay may-asawa. Perhaps because I'm still in the honeymoon stage. haha

    Thank you. I'm glad that you like my post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your make-up talaga pati yung Gangname Style presentation niyo ni Dan. Hehehe...
    Uy, thanks for the plugging! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment