Skip to main content

BOOK EXCHANGE

At 1 year old, Baby C has more or less 20 books.  She can’t read yet.  She even tears and “eats” her books. Despite the tearing and eating, we still continue to buy her books.  We want her to be exposed to books at an early age.   We want her to know that reading is cool. 

When I saw the facebook status re: BOOK EXCHANGE  on my newsfeed, I spontaneously commented, "Count me in".  Actually, it was not the 36 books that Baby C might receive that lure me into signing up.     It was the idea of spreading the love for reading.   Besides, giving a book to a kid won’t hurt, right?

The facebook status goes this way.

“Calling all mommies, daddies, mommies-to-be, teachers, grandmas, grandpas, and all book lovers!
I need friends of any age to participate in a BOOK EXCHANGE!
You only have to buy ONE book and send it to one child, then your child will receive 36 books or more in return!
Let me know if you are interested and I will send the information! It's really easy! You can buy a book and send it to your assigned recipient through Xend or Fastrack or LBC or the post office. Or you can order through Lazada, Fully booked, National Bookstore, or any online shopping sites for books and have it shipped directly to your assigned recipient.
BABY C will be super excited to get mail and you literally just have to buy and send ONE book!” 

If you want to know how this works, email me at chasenmae@yahoo.com. 

Thanks.  

Comments