Skip to main content

Trick or Treat


I was born in the 80s and I consider myself as Batang 90s. Trick or treating was not part of my childhood. Halloween for me then was going to the cemetery, making balls out of candle wax, eating balut with cousins and listening to scary stories.    And  I only received treats during Santacruzan or Flores de Mayo.


In this day and age, we have adopted the way the Americans celebrate Halloween.  I believe it’s not a bad thing.  For me, celebrating Halloween by wearing costumes has no religious implication.  In my opinion, it’s not about worshipping devil or whatsoever. It’s only about having fun…no more, no less.  It’s the time of the year when kids and adults can wear spooky, cute or whatever costume they want to wear.    But of course, for us Catholics, it  is  the time when we remember and offer prayers for our departed loved ones.

Last Friday, we had a Halloween party at the office.  It’s actually for the employees’ kids and grandchildren. Yes, most of my officemates are already lolos and lolas.  But, hey,  they are the coolest lolos/lolas.  One thing  I love about my job is that I have the coolest and “game-st”  officemates ever!   I brought my daughter with me for her first ever Halloween party.  We were not able to join last year because I was on leave.    That day,  she was a kalabasa girl.








Her Ate (nanny) came in costume too.  She was amusing.  Project kung project! Lol



Me?



I was a mumu!









Indeed, it was a fun and spooktacular activity.



Comments

  1. OMG. The yaya is so in character. The Method acting talaga. Hahahaha!
    Your bebe is sooooo cute! Nakakatuwa yung nakakabit sa ulo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nahiya pa daw siya niyan. Haha. Nanood pa yan ng makeup tutorial sa youtube. At Nagcontact lens pa. Bongga talaga si atey!
      Thank you. First time kong ipost ang picture niya sa blog.

      Delete
  2. Same here, batang 90s at yan na yan rin ang experience ko pag Undas sa province. Tapos manunuod lang ng Magandang Gabi Bayan na horror special, haha. Sayang, wala na nun ngayon.

    P.S. Kakatuwa si Yaya, game na game rin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay oo! Inaabangan din namin ang Magandang Gabi Bayan.

      Sobrang nakakatuwa talaga yan si Ate. She's funny, masipag at maalaga kay baby.

      Delete
  3. Yeah batang 90's here too! I also did make balls from used candles! And I missed Magandang Gabi Bayan horror specials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard may fineature na kakatakutan sa show ni Jessica Soho. Mayoutube nga... hehe

      Delete
  4. Ibang iba na nga. Andami nang nagcocostume hanggang ngayon. Ok rin para sakin na maadopt yung pagcocostume. Parang ang saya. Tapos ang daming creative, nakakatuwa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Gusto ko din sana iDIY nalang costume ni baby pero hindi talaga ako creative. See, ang lame ng costume ko. haha.

      Delete
  5. hi chasen, ang cute ng daughter mo. same experience with you no trick or treating din nung bata ako. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magka-age ata tayo hahaha

    Ang cute ni bagets!!! Si yayabells ayaw magpatalo hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment